See our Audi Lease Specials »
A First-Look at the Redesigned 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Since its introduction in 1972, the S-Class has been synonymous with leading luxury. For 2018, Mercedes-Benz unveils a complete refresh of the line, boasting innovations in style, technology, and performance. Even further making a name for itself in the new year, it has also racked up numerous awards, including the world’s best-selling luxury sedan. It is no wonder why Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts, especially those in New Jersey, have been anticipating a test drive in this standout vehicle. Here's a first-look at the redesigned 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class, courtesy of the place Where Luxury Lives.
Driver-Centric Innovations, Courtesy of the S-Class
Revealed at the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class has made waves for its revamped Intelligent Drive semi-autonomous suite, which offers more adept lane-changing capabilities and Active Distance Assist Distronic, which uses map data (as opposed to solely relying on surrounding objects) to slow the vehicle for upcoming turns or roundabouts. Beneath the eye-grabbing curves and sophisticated elements of the S-Class exterior rests an interior built upon comfort. The S-Class truly makes a name for itself offering seat ventilation and massage capabilities as well as fragrance released through the air conditioning system. But features of driver and passenger comfort aren't the only things to look forward to.
Here are a few of the other exciting features and upgrades to be enjoyed:
- Improved exterior style, including fascia redesign, new headlights and taillights, as well as new wheel options
- Refreshed Command infotainment system with a one-piece dual-screen display
- Improved safety technology with updates to distance assist
- Wireless phone charging options
To better cater to the preferences of each unique driver, the S-Class offers additional updates to specific model variations. For example…
- The S 450 has a new, twin-turbocharged inline six-cylinder, while the S 560 boasts a twin-turbocharged V8 with cylinder deactivation.
- AMG models (S 63 and S 65) are fitted with a new suspension, exhaust, brakes, wheels and performance apps. Meanwhile, the AMG S 63 now has a 4.0-liter V8 and offers a 9-speed automatic as standard.
- The plug-in hybrid S 550e uses the same six-cylinder engine with a 13.3 kWh battery motor, capable of achieving 31 miles of electric driving range, which is more than the 20.5-mile range offered by the first S 550e.
Test Drive the Mercedes-Benz S-Class at Benzel-Busch
Experience everything the 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class has to offer at a Mercedes-Benz dealership known for elevating standards. For almost 50 years, Benzel-Busch has served as a leading Mercedes-Benz dealership in New Jersey, offering the latest innovations within an impressive inventory. Take the S-Class out for a spin and enjoy a behind-the-wheel look at what it's like to navigate the streets of Englewood backed by the power and comfort of a top-selling sedan.