See our Audi Lease Specials »
Leading Luxury: The Mercedes-Benz E-Class or Lexus GS?
The Mercedes-Benz E-Class Makes A Powerful Statement Against The GS
On the surface, the Lexus GS and Mercedes-Benz E-Class both offer a superior ride over most other cars. Luxury car consumers, however, notice and appreciate the differences in details and we think it's clear: the Mercedes-Benz E-Class outshines the Lexus GS in terms of power and performance.
With the 2018 model, Mercedes-Benz simplified. It divested the class of electric and diesel to concentrate on putting in the highest performing engines possible. This, along with several noteworthy differences between the models, places the E-Class ahead…
- Unlike the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, the Lexus lacks direct injection in some of the GS models.
- While the E-Class offers a nine-speed automatic transmission, the Lexus GS offers an eight-speed transmission.
- The Mercedes-Benz E-Class is specifically designed to self-tune gasoline usage in milliseconds to maximize performance while also delivering enough power to go from zero to 60 in five seconds; that’s nearly 2 seconds faster than the Lexus GS.
Elevate Your Standards For Comfort, Convenience, Style, and Safety
While some drivers focus on power and handling, others appreciate a beautiful, comfortable, and functional interior. The 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class affirms what longtime admirers of the brand know: while the Lexus GS remains almost unchanged from 2017, Mercedes-Benz E-Class designers and engineers always strive to improve over models from prior years.
- Luxury envelops those inside the Mercedes-Benz E-Class mile after mile, with specially sculpted seats that adjust to fit the contours of the driver and passengers.
- Rich, luxuriant woods sweep from front to back, illuminated by 64-color LED lighting. Navigation, comfort indicators, and entertainment merge onto the same advanced 12.3-inch panoramic panel screen.
The safety features in the Mercedes-Benz E-Class interior also impress with much greater attention to detail than is required by federal standards:
- The Mercedes-Benz E-Class Pre-Safe Impulse Side feature inflates the front driver or passenger seat’s side bolster, moving the passenger almost three inches away from the impact zone once the system detects a side collision.
- If the Mercedes-Benz E-Class senses an impending collision, it pumps “pink noise” through the stereo system to protect passenger and driver ears from the potentially dangerous sounds of a loud impact.
- While Lexus does offer its Enform Safety Connect System and ten interior airbags, the safety included in the Mercedes-Benz E-Class is far more complex, with additional safety features that include Evasive Steering Assist and Active Lane Change Assist.
Your Mercedes-Benz E-Class Awaits Where Luxury Lives
In performance, safety, and all the details that add up to a complete luxury experience, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class offers consumers significant advantages over the Lexus GS. However, we know the only way to truly get to know the 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class is through a test drive. Benzel-Busch offers its customers a luxury car buying or leasing experience, designed to match the quality that is found within our inventory.
The team at Benzel-Busch is excited to show you all the E-Class has to offer. Visit either of our NJ or NY Mercedes-Benz dealerships for a test drive and discover what it means to experience a place Where Luxury Lives.