Midsize Luxury, Big-Time Safety: How The 2018 A3 Supports Tri-State Commuters
Do you know anyone who lists “driving in hazardous conditions” as one of their favorite summer activities?
Neither do we. Road work, distracted drivers, and blaring horns are burdens everyone throughout the tri-state area experiences from Memorial Day through Labor Day. These dangers make for unsafe travel conditions, but you wouldn’t know it behind the wheel of the 2018 Audi A3.
That’s because, in addition to being comfortable and sporty, this luxury sedan has received top safety ratings from a variety of sources. So, it’s no wonder the team at Audi Meadowlands, Powered by Benzel-Busch, recommends the 2018 Audi A3 to luxury drivers who value safety.
We are, after all, Where Luxury Lives, and we don’t believe luxury and safety are mutually exclusive. Learn more about the standard and optional safety features that distinguish the 2018 Audi A3 from the rest.
Five Stars for Safety in NJ and Beyond
A Top Safety Pick by IIHS (Insurance Institute of Highway Safety) and the recipient of a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Association), the A3 serves the needs of various drivers.
Whether you’re the daily commuter en route to work or the weekend warrior (with children on board) headed to the Jersey Shore, the 2018 A3 delivers you safely to your chosen destination, thanks to the following standard features:
- Audi pre sense® basic- This system initiates preventive safety measures for occupants as soon as it recognizes a critical driving state (which isn’t uncommon for those of you headed into the city or escaping to the Jersey Shore). Once activated, the side windows and sliding sunroof are automatically closed and front safety belts are tightened.
- Audi pre sense® front- This radar-based system provides forward collision warning and initiates braking within system limits and at specific vehicle speeds. If a collision is imminent, the system warns the driver with visual, acoustic and haptic warnings based on a multistage warning concept.
- Electronic Stability Control- Stability control automatically senses when the vehicle’s handling limits have been exceeded and reduces engine power and/or applies select brakes to help prevent you from losing control of the vehicle.
Still not safe enough for you? Well, the good news is that drivers are provided with additional safety features to choose from:
- Adaptive Cruise Control- Offers relief to drivers in stop-and-go traffic by maintaining a preset distance to the vehicle ahead by automatically accelerating and braking.
- Audi Active Lane Assist- This feature, quite literally, will keep you in your lane on the NJ Turnpike. At speeds above 40 mph, the system helps detect when the vehicle begins to leave the lane without signaling. Then, the system can provide gentle, corrective steering and steering wheel vibrations as an additional warning of lane departure.
- Audi Side Assist- When you want to change lanes on the Garden State Parkway, this system monitors traffic in your blind spot, and if it detects a vehicle quickly approaching, a warning LED is lit in the housing of the relevant exterior mirror.
Experience Audi A3 2018 Safety Features at Audi Meadowlands, Powered by Benzel-Busch
Driving safely has never been so stylish, as anyone in the driver’s seat of the 2018 Audi A3 will contend. Standard features like the Audi pre-sense basic, coupled with optional features like Audi Side Assist, ensure you and loved ones enjoy your travels in a safe manner along every highway in the tri-state area, but don’t take our word for it. Experience the benefits for yourself at Audi Meadowlands, Powered by Benzel-Busch.
Discover the difference in sales and service at Audi Meadowlands, Powered by Benzel-Busch. Browse our current selection of Audi A3 models and inquire about the various lease deals available on this luxury sedan! Contact us to schedule a test drive.