Summertime means longer days, higher spirits and wanderlust, inspiring you and yours to take family trips and whimsical weekend getaways. Fairer weather usually brings better road conditions and visibility too, and as a result, fewer collisions. However, statistics show that motor vehicle collisions tend to be more serious in the summer months. With the advanced and intuitive safety features of the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC, you can venture off during the summer with peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is looking out for you and your passengers, whether off to the Jersey Shore, upstate New York or beyond.
Safety Specifications For Secure Summer Travels
Summer driving hazards mostly arise from increased traffic congestion on the road, mainly due to an increase in road volume, like those off on family vacations or weekend getaways. Even road construction work increases during summertime. Warmer weather also means more pedestrian, motorcycle and bicycle activity. Traffic jams, route delays and travelers, unfamiliar with area roads, often lead to an increase in impatient and distracted drivers, which can make the roads less safe.
Here's why the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC is the optimal summer travel choice for driver and passenger safety:
- PRE-SAFE®: The PRE-SAFE® system can sense an imminent collision through detecting actions such as sudden or intense skidding, at which point it intuitively tightens the front seat belts, adjusts the head restraints, and automatically closes the windows and sunroof. PRESAFE® Brake initiates a slowdown
- DISTRONIC PLUS®: Driver distraction is a huge factor when it comes to motor vehicle accidents, and it can happen to even the most attentive drivers at one time or another. DISTRONIC PLUS® uses advanced sensors to monitor surrounding traffic and to detect when cars around you slow down or stop. If the system thinks that a collision is likely, it deploys the PRESAFE® system.
- ATTENTION ASSIST®: It's common for tired vacationers to zone out a bit during longer drives. ATTENTION ASSIST® collects data in dozens of parameters so that it can recognize your particular driving style. If you're on the road for a while, it will monitor for steering corrections or other indicators suggesting drowsiness. The system will alert and recommend that you stop for a rest if it senses driver fatigue.
- Active Blind Spot Assist: The GLC's radar system can detect when a vehicle is next to yours and will alert you of the vehicle's presence in your blind spot when you use your turn signal.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist system monitors the road ahead of you through a special camera. If your GLC starts drifting from your lane, your steering wheel will alert you by vibrating.
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist: The Adaptive Highbeam Assist system prevents other drivers being blinded by your headlights - promoting safety for you and everyone sharing the road. Not only will the system switch your highlight intensity from high to low beam when it detects oncoming traffic, it will mask the beam in that direction.
Visit Benzel-Busch For a Safety-Driven Test Drive
There’s no better way to get to your summertime destinations than wrapped in the security of a vehicle you can depend on. The impressive safety features of the Mercedes-Benz GLC work in tandem, not only to provide protection for you and your passengers in the event of a collision, but to help you avoid accidents in the first place. Experience the security and luxury of a Mercedes-Benz GLC at Benzel-Busch, a premier Mercedes-Benz dealership serving the tri-state region.
Enjoy a test drive at the place Where Luxury Lives and discover ongoing lease deals by contacting us today. We can’t wait to show you all the GLC has to offer.
A Cabriolet to Be Experienced
This gem from the Mercedes-Benz Convertible C-Class family is both the evolution in and love letter to the innovation of its namesake, the 18th century, convertible cabriolet carriage. This was a vehicle that changed the way we traveled - just as the Mercedes C-Class Cabriolet will change the way you travel. Here are three irresistible reasons you will want to schedule your Cabriolet test drive:
1. Top-Down Luxury
Forgoing the hardtop in favor of a simpler, more elegant retractable soft top, the well-insulated and superbly woven, 3-layer, acoustic cloth roof, available in four colors, is power-operated and can be raised or stowed beneath the Cabriolet's rear tonneau cover in less than 20 seconds! So, bring it on unpredictable North East weather! With its ultra-smooth, shifting 9-speed automatic transmission and upgraded gearbox, the Cabriolet easily keeps pace with the C300 coupe, accelerating from 30 to 50 mph in blinding 3.7 seconds! Still, the Cabriolet has enough grip to skirt around with ease, thanks to its 18-inch, high-performance alloys. If you’re feeling more adventurous, choose the optional 19-inch, Pirelli P Zero Run Flat tires for even more traction.
2. Interior Style
The interior of the Cabriolet features a contemporary, but timelessly designed, dashboard and showcases a bit of Scandinavian elegance with its attractive light-colored, crystal grey vinyl seating that complements the darker, richer overall interior design. Extra eye candy comes in the form of delectable trims comprising soft-touch, brushed metal and natural grain, black ash wood, all of which is, of course, hand-fitted.
Sleek, contoured seats and an interior sculpted as if a piece of modern art are elevated even further when the top comes down. For it is then that the impeccably-designed flow between the interior and exterior combine to arrive at true, unparalleled luxury.
With its standard, power-adjustable driver's seat, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet makes it easy for you to find that perfectly comfortable driving position. Even better, all interior controls are within easy reach. The front bucket seats are not just a pretty face either; they come well supported and designed for comfort. Plus, for chilly evenings in the tri-state area, power heated front seats and Airscarf neck heaters mean that you can bring the top down amidst the cool skies and lighted starry nights without the chill undermining the moods.
Enjoy the Roads with Help from Your Local Mercedes-Benz Dealership
Your new love for driving starts at Benzel-Busch. Take the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet for a spin and experience a test drive that will feel more like a vacation than a ride around the block. With our competitive C-Class lease deals, you can make comfort, luxury and freedom your new reality.
From sales to service and beyond, Benzel-Busch is a luxury car dealership that will Elevate Your Standards and expectations. Browse the C-Class inventory and contact us to arrange a test drive.